The Book of Mormon Musical. It’s true, And I lived to tell about it.
I must confess, I was interested to see what all the buzz was about. The Broadway musical called “the best musical of this century” about the Book of Mormon was great opportunity too appealing to reject. It was an complete BOOST. My mom laughed even more than i did. And at places I did not. Her howls of joy made me wish I knew the inside details of everything-Mormon so I, too, could possibly get every single joke.
Regardless, given the South Park reputation of this production, here are my top 10 good reasons to see it, which consists of a listof sorts that will help you choose if you are truly the target audience for such a theater-going experience as The Book of Mormon:
- You can view South Park episodes with out getting mad and upset. You’ve got to realize: the sense of humor of this musical is very South Park. Which indicates it’s incredibly wise, yet it takes things way far above the tolerable.
- Putting humor and religious beliefs together is fine in your book. Be ready for them to poke some serious fun, not only at Mormonism, but the nature of religious beliefs in general.
- You are religiously edutacted enough to get the jokes.
- You have got a smooth spot in you about the power and reason of belief, and the ways that it inspires the devout. As much as they poke fun of, I’ll name it “Mormon earnestness,” the musical also highlights this thing pretty much.
- You may want to close your eyes at some of the most fancy parts. I will not recount them here. I definitely had my palms over my eyes during a few scenes. But I was having fun like crazy behind them, too.
- You adore great music. Mainly by Robert Lopez, the composer behind the Broadway smash, Avenue Q, who did the music for Book of Mormon. The amazing, wonderful music. The songs are insane fantastic.
- You enjoy in great musicals.
- You really like listen to men in particular, vocal in harmony. The musical has a pack of missionary Mormon boys. They are not only absolutely entertaining and succeeding, but their voices are brilliant.
- You adore looking at guys dancing in a musical. Yes, truth be told, there is wonderful dancing in this musical. All performed by the missionary boys. The choreography is both terrific as well and increases the humor.
- You need to ensure you get in on what is certain to be Broadway’s latest smash. Truly. It’s that funny.
I want to see it again. Seriously. I do. The book of Mormon is sweetest thing you’ll see in the theater this year, and quite possibly the funniest musical ever. I’m looking forward to seeing it at the Pantages Theater.